2009年7月10日金曜日

My favorite

I think I will write about my best favorite through my campus life.

Do you know the contrabass? It is a sorting of pitch extent. “Contrabass” is under “Bass” Then, it is the lowest register.
I play the contrabass in the KGU orchestra club. I will write about CONTRABASS the musical instrument today.
It is the biggest stringed instrument in the orchestra. I guess you understand the size very well if you look at this picture which the contrabass with the cello. It has many names. There are “double bass”, “bass”, “wood bass”, and “upright bass” and so on. It has 4 or 5 strings, these each string’s open notes are G, D, A, E, and C when you see the contrabass from front of it. We play the musical scales how to push these strings by player’s left hand’s fingers.
I play the contrabass which has 4 strings and the size is about 180 cm. It is 3/4 of full size. This is most popular type in Japan.
When we play the contrabass we need a bow. There are the 2 kinds of bows, French-bow and German-bow. I use German-bow, because it is easy to exert pressure to strings for me. There are many users of German-bow among the contrabass players. I know a French-bow user in Kumamoto only one. There is the difference of 2 bows. It is the shape of grip. The German-bow is got ready like tuck up in right hand. In the other, French-bow is got ready like pick grip up with player’s right fingers.

Please look at this picture. The contrabass is got ready like this. I think it is like the figure holding 2 people when I looked at this first. It is very quiet and simple sound. If I compare with the violin’s brilliant sound, I think the violin is the king; the contrabass is the big castle. Then, I think the orchestra is not made up without the contrabass.

I like the contrabass but I did not like it first. I played the clarinet when I was a junior high school student. But, I was not like the clarinet; I want to play the flute very much really. It is same when I entered KGU orchestra club too. I wanted to play the flute but there were many people in the flute part at the time. I thought I compromised the oboe or the faggot. I was like wood-wind’s sound. Then, I was recommended the contrabass. The contrabass part was not having many players. The senior student needed me.
Now, I thank the senior student very much! I could meet the contrabass; I could enjoy playing the music. I like contrabass the best among the instruments of an orchestra.

Why don’t you think deeply about your favorite? I guess you can see your new surface.
[474 words]

2 件のコメント:

mangi madang さんのコメント...

Hello Anna.

I know a man who plays Contrabass in Kumamoto. He plays it as a professional.
When I worked for various event, music concert was included. So I met him. I hope you to enjoy playing Contrabass.

Toshi

HUMBURGER さんのコメント...

it is really cool.
Bass line is very important for all music.
It is one of key.