2009年11月17日火曜日

Book Review02-04#Falk Tales from around the World 2


There are 5 stories, Little Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk, The White Serpent, The Ugly Duckling, and Perseus and Medusa in this book. I did not know The White Serpent still I read it.
Little Red Riding Hood is very famous fairy tale by Grimm bros. I think this story is like “a wolf and 7 young goats” In Little Red Ridding Hood, a wolf was cut his belly, and put stones into his stomach by a hunter. In A Wolf and 7 Young Goats, it is same. I think it is very unrealistic and it is very terrifying thing.
Jack and the Beanstalk is very famous too. But I don’t like this story because it is a story of pilferage. Jack was a thief only. The wife of ogre was good monster, but Jack killed her husband. Moreover, he stole many treasures. I don’t like this story.
I did not know The White Serpent before I read this book. This story was red in China. This story is strange a little. A beautiful man married with a beautiful woman. One day, a monk said “Your wife is not human. She is a monster of serpent! Try to drink alcohol your wife, you will know the fact!” A man was not believed but it was truth. The White Serpent killed her husband, but she was sad when returned to shape of woman. She went to get a mushroom of revive. There is a mushroom, but an old man stopped her. He was a god of longevity. She battled with him, she want to revive her husband. The god was moved her strong love, he allowed to take the mushroom. A man was revived by his wife. To tell the truth, she is not White Serpent. Her Obi(like a belt) was it. They had a boy, the family lived happily.
I like The Ugly Duckling. This story show “Great talents mature late” I think. But I like ducks better than swans because ducks is cute. I like to see the parade of ducks.
Perseus and Medusa is one of the Greek myths. Perseus was very bravery man. He battled with Medusa. Medusa was a monster. Perseus is very famous. His mother was caught by the bad king; He battled with monsters for his mother. I knew this story because I read a book of Greek myth when I was little child. I like the Greek myth because the stories have many dreams.
[413 words]

0 件のコメント: